Thursday 22 September 2011

Pretty in Pink!




I will have to start by saying that this is one of my favourite designs to date.  I actually got the inspiration from a cake I saw on the Cake Central website by a member by the name Cakesue.  Her version was black and white with a large bow on the side instead of flowers like I did on the top.  This is actually not a cake but a cake dummy.  I have done only a few wedding cakes so I thought that if I wanted to appeal to more brides then I would have to show them my talents as a wedding cake designer and not just  as someone who does lots of celebration cakes.  All of the decorations on this cake dummy are made of fondant with just a few spots of buttercream piping.  This was my first attempt at ribbon roses, once I got the hang of it they were very easy to do.  I learned to do them just by watching You Tube videos!  It is amazing what you can learn off the internet! When it was complete I airbrushed the entire cake with an edible shimmer paint.

 Last week I purchased a photo tent off of Ebay and I must say it was probably the best $100 I ever spent.  I am by no means a photographer but at least now I can take some pictures that I don't have to be totally embarrassed about! I am hoping to do many more cake dummies this fall so say tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment